The measurements are in cups but you can just take any cup and measure everything with the same cup.
- 1/2 a cup of butter (has to be soft)
- 1 cup sugar (you can also use brown sugar if you wish to do so)
- 2 eggs
- 4 bananas (at least, the browner the better and you can put more if you have some)
- 1 and 1/2 cup of flour (hladká múka)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda or baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix together the butter and sugar until it’s creamy. Taste it if you want, to it’s pretty good, but probably not with your hands (that’s kind of unhygienic so wash your hands).
- Add the eggs and mix. If you want to risk salmonella you can taste this too, but I read that salmonella comes from the egg shells (this is not a fact, I don’t really know).
- In a separate bowl take a fork or some other crushing device and break the bananas (peel them first, though) until there are almost no chunks left. Add to the bowl with the mixture.
- Stir the dry ingredients such as flour salt and baking soda / powder together and slowly start adding it to the wet ingredients bowl.
- This is optional but you can add cinnamon, chocolate, blueberries or whatever you want.
- Put baking paper into a loaf pan, or grease it with butter.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan, if you don’t have one you can use anything the shape isn’t really important. (Ask your mom which one you should use, she’ll advise you best).
- Bake for about 55 minutes but it really depends on your individual oven so make sure to check it every 20 minutes or so.
- To test if it’s ready you can stick a toothpick into the bread and if there is no batter on it, it’s ready.
If you, for some reason, did not manage to eat it within 1 day you can put the bread into the fridge, where it will be preserved for longer. Enjoy!