Mung bean cake is one of the famous Han nationality's special pastries. In China, there are different tastes in the south and north.
Mung bean cake is legendary in ancient China. In the Dragon Boat Festival, in order to seek health and safety, in addition to eating rice dumplings, people also drink realgar wine, eat mung bean cake and salted duck eggs.
1. Soak mung beans in water for one day and remove the skin.
2. Put mung beans into a pressure cooker with a small amount of water for about 10-15 minutes.
3. Take out the cooked mung beans, put them in a grinder and stir them into a delicate state.
4. Put the mung bean paste into a non-stick pan, add corn oil, sugar, and a small amount of salt, and stir fry continuously. The amount of sugar can be increased or decreased according to your preference.
5. Fry until the mung beans become a very delicate puree and a ball, and do not touch the spatula. Let cool and put in a fresh-keeping bag in the refrigerator overnight.
6. Take out the mung bean paste from the refrigerator and warm it up at room temperature, knead it into a small ball of 30 grams, put it into the mold, press hard to form, pay attention to the pressing force should be even, not excessive force, demould, a piece of mung bean cake is ready.