- 500g white flour
- 200ml milk
- 1 teaspoon of active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 50ml oil
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 2 teaspoons white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 7 teaspoons water
- In a large bowl dissolve yeast and sugar in lukewarm milk and leave for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, baking powder, oil, and yoghurt.
- Combine flour with the yeast mixture and mix until integrated.
- Work the ingredients into a dough ball (5-7 minutes). Set aside for 60 minutes.
- Start taking pieces of dough and with oily palms make them into sticks and place onto baking pan covered with parchment paper. Leave space between each.
- Let the breadsticks rest for 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 200 °C.
- Before placing the pan in the oven, paint each stick with water. Bake breadsticks for 10 minutes.
- While breadsticks are in the oven, in a small bowl combine flour, salt and water until completely smooth and of the pancake thickness.
- Take breadsticks out of the oven and decorate with a line of salt mixture. Return to the oven (now 230°C) and bake another 8 minutes).
- Take out and paint with oil. Leave to rest at least 15 minutes.