Come to visit a truly international school with a curriculum from the University of Cambridge specially adapted with an individual approach to each child.Book a tour
Years 2 to 6 (6 to 11 year olds)
- We use the Cambridge Primary curriculum across our Lower Primary (Years 2 & 3) and Upper Primary Phase (Years 4-6)
- The Cambridge Programme is enhanced by Forest School in Lower Primary, Outdoor Learning in Upper Primary and is underpinned by a thematic units and project-based learning opportunities throughout the Primary School.
- German and Spanish are taught in Upper Primary.
- Our students in Years 3-6 take GL Progression Tests in English and Mathematics at the end of each school year.
Teachers use a wide range of strategies to deliver curriculum content such as science investigations, interactive, hands on projects, drama activities, games, informal discussions and outdoor learning. These strategies are used in conjunction with other more formal methods and ongoing assessments such as spelling tests, quizzes, writing tasks and tests. Our teachers prepare and deliver their lessons using a range of resources aimed to interest and inspire the students.
We want our students to learn in happy, secure environment in which they are suitably nurtured, encouraged, challenged and where they can all reach their full potential.
Children’s social and emotional wellbeing is an integral part of our philosophy here at CIS. Through PSHE lessons and assemblies we emphasise the importance of life skills such as: respect, honesty, kindness and independence.
Cambridge International School learners are:
- We are respectful towards others and understanding of the differences between us. We are open-minded, respecting the beliefs and cultures of all people. We value and care for our environment.
- We are hard-working learners who persevere when faced with challenges. We enjoy solving problems and looking for solutions. We have a growth mindset, learning from our mistakes and through collaboration with others.
- We use our creativity and imagination to have new ideas and produce original work. We are adaptable to different situations and learning environments.
- We enjoy asking questions and finding out the answers through our own inquiry. We love learning.
- We work independently and take responsibility for our learning and choices. We are mindful of our actions and their consequences.
- We are caring and helpful towards all members of the school and the wider community. We are polite and considerate.
- We reflect on our learning and our actions. We are principled and positive in our behaviour. We are good communicators.