Our new CIS Merchandise called Winter Collection 2019/20 is now online and ready to be delivered to our students, parents and friends.Shop now
Years 1 to 6 (5 to 11 year olds)
- We use the Cambridge Primary curriculum for the core subjects of English, Mathematics and Science.
- The English National Curriculum (with suitable adaptations to reflect our international nature and central European location) is the foundation for other subjects such as Geography, History, Music, Art, Physical Education, Computing.
- German and Spanish are taught from Year 4.
- Our students in Years 3-6 take Cambridge Progression Tests in English and Mathematics at the end of each school year.
Teachers use a wide range of strategies to deliver curriculum content such as science investigations, interactive, hands on projects, drama activities, games, informal discussions and outdoor learning. These strategies are used in conjunction with other more formal methods and ongoing assessments such as spelling tests, quizzes, writing tasks and tests. Our teachers prepare and deliver their lessons using a range of resources aimed to interest and inspire the students.
We want our students to learn in happy, secure environment in which they are suitably nurtured, encouraged, challenged and where they can all reach their full potential.
Children’s social and emotional wellbeing is an integral part of our philosophy here at CIS. Through PSHE lessons and assemblies we emphasise the importance of life skills such as: respect, honesty, kindness and independence.
Our teachers have a holistic view of each child as a learner and are skilled at helping all children in their care develop into confident, positive and resilient young people who love learning and who are equipped to deal with the challenges of the 21st century.
Cambridge International School learners are:
- We are respectful towards others and understanding of the differences between us. We are open-minded, respecting the beliefs and cultures of all people. We value and care for our environment.
- We are hard-working learners who persevere when faced with challenges. We enjoy solving problems and looking for solutions. We have a growth mindset, learning from our mistakes and through collaboration with others.
- We use our creativity and imagination to have new ideas and produce original work. We are adaptable to different situations and learning environments.
- We enjoy asking questions and finding out the answers through our own inquiry. We love learning.
- We work independently and take responsibility for our learning and choices. We are mindful of our actions and their consequences.
- We are caring and helpful towards all members of the school and the wider community. We are polite and considerate.
- We reflect on our learning and our actions. We are principled and positive in our behaviour. We are good communicators.